Property Academy – Booking terms and conditions
Property Academy is a trading name of Estate Agency Events Ltd (company number 03768013) whose registered address is at The Oriel, Sydenham Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3SR (“we”, “us”, “our”). These terms apply each time you book a place at an event organised by us. Please read these terms carefully before placing your order. From time to time, it may be necessary for us to change these terms and conditions. Therefore, we recommend that you look at these terms before each booking.
- To book a place at an event, please complete and submit the booking form on our website.
- There are limited places for each event and places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Confirmation of your booking (and place on the course) will be sent to you by email. Your place at the event is not guaranteed until you have received this email.
- The fees for your attendance at the event will be as displayed on the website and may be subject to change up until the point at which you book your place.
- Suppliers attending any Property Academy event must purchase a specific supplier ticket at the cost of £1000 per ticket.
- The fees for the event shall be paid by you in full and cleared funds when you place your order. If, in our absolute discretion, we have agreed instead to raise an invoice in relation to the fees, payment must be made by you no later than 10 days after the date of our invoice or 2 days before the event, whichever is sooner.
- From time to time we may offer promotions in respect of certain events. Such promotions may be subject to terms and conditions so please ensure you check these. If you wish to benefit from a promotion, please enter the relevant promotional code when placing your order. Only one promotional code can be used per booking and it may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount which we offer.
- The intellectual property rights in any materials distributed by us during an event shall be owned exclusive by us or our licensor. You shall only have the right to use such materials to the extent necessary to take part in the event.
- Sometimes we may film our events for the purposes of advertising. If you do not wish to be filmed, please notify us at the time of booking.
- You accept that there may be circumstances in which it is necessary for us to make changes to the content or agenda for an event or the speakers at an event and you shall not be entitled to a refund in such circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel an event and the event cannot be rescheduled or you cannot make the rescheduled date, you shall be entitled to a refund of any fees you have paid to us for the event.
- We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any information, opinion, recommendation or material shared, displayed or otherwise distributed at events held by us. You acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for the consequences if you choose to rely on such information, opinion, recommendation or material.
- Except for liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, we shall have no liability however arising out of or in connection with these terms or an event held by us for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by you and in any event our entire liability to you for any direct losses you suffer, shall not exceed the amount of the actual fees paid by you to us to attend the event.
- If you are unable to attend an event you have bought a ticket for, you are not entitled to a refund but you can give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place [provided that you notify us of this in advance]
- These terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law. You and we irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE
1.1 These terms apply to your use of the Property Academy website at www.propertyacademy.co.uk/ (“the website”).
1.3 If you make a booking for an event through our website, please also refer to our Booking Terms and Conditions which can be found here.
1.4 By accessing or using the website you confirm you have read, understood and agree to be legally bound by these terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policies in their entirety each time you access the website. If you do not agree to these terms and the Privacy and Cookies Policies, please do not use the website.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
2.1 This website is operated by the Property Academy (“we”, “us”, “our”). Property Academy is a trading name of Estate Agency Events Ltd which is registered in England and Wales under company number 03768013 and our registered office is at The Oriel, Sydenham Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3SR.
2.2 Our VAT number is 813595421.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
3.1 You may use this website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or which is in any way unlawful or fraudulent.
3.2 You are allowed to access, download and print the materials on this site for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
3.3 You must not:
3.3.1 access or print any or all parts of the website for any commercial purpose;
3.3.2 copy (including storing and downloading), distribute, publish, alter, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise use the material on this website, either in whole or in part except as expressly permitted above;
3.3.3 remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices;
3.3.4 use the website to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised spam or advertising material;
3.3.5 seek to interfere or damage the website or its content;
3.3.6 frame, harvest or link to this website or its content or use the material on this website, or any part of it, on any other website or social media platform;
without first obtaining express written consent from us.
4.1 We endeavour to ensure that the material contained on the website is accurate and complete at the date first published. However, we cannot guarantee this and you should recognise that information contained on this website may become out of date over time.
4.2 We reserve the right to alter, remove or update materials and information on the website at any time without notice.
4.3 The website and the information contained in it is provided for your use “as is” without any warranty (whether express or implied) of any kind.
- AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE
5.1 We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of the website or close it indefinitely without notice. Access may be terminated or suspended either in relation to specific users or to all users.
5.2 To the extent permitted by law we accept no liability if the website becomes either temporarily or permanently unavailable.
5.3 In addition, we do not warrant that the functions or materials on, or accessed from, this website shall be uninterrupted or free from errors.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
6.1 We reserve the right to change these terms at any time without notice.
6.2 It is your responsibility to check the terms regularly in order to be aware of any changes which are made to them.
6.3 By continuing to access this website after the terms have changed, you are agreeing that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the updated terms.
- OWNERSHIP OF THE WEBSITE
7.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website and in the materials which appear on this website. This includes but is not limited to the text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, designs, written and other material including the program and code. Our rights include trademarks, copyright, design rights and all other intellectual property rights and all our rights are reserved.
7.2 If you acquire any rights in or to the website or materials on it, you agree to assign those rights, on a worldwide basis, to us and unconditionally and irrevocably to waive all moral rights you may have acquired.
- VIRUSES AND HACKING
8.1 We do not warrant that the website, its content or the server(s) that make it available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of this website will be uninterrupted. You are accessing this website at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law and subject to clause 11.1 we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of viruses or other harmful material which you access from this website.
8.2 You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have suitable equipment and security and virus protection in place before using the website.
8.3 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server computer or data base connected to our website.
8.4 You must not introduce viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware or other harmful materials to this website which may adversely affect the operation of any computer or program or this website.
- LINKING TO AND FROM THE WEBSITE
9.1 This website may contain links to sites operated by third parties. We have not reviewed and do not review such sites and are not responsible for the content of nor accept any liability howsoever arising in respect of any of such sites.
9.2 The presence of links to third party sites is not intended to and shall not constitute a recommendation by us of such sites nor of any advice or information posted on them.
9.3 If you wish to provide a hypertext or other link to or from this website, you will first need to obtain our written consent. We have sole discretion to permit or reject any such requests. Requests should be sent to email@example.com along with the following information:
9.3.1 the URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this website; or
9.3.2 the URL(s) of the web page(s) on this website to which you are proposing to link and we will consider your request.
10.1 RSS Feeds
We may provide information on our website via RSS Feeds. This information is provided solely for the convenience of users and we are not responsible for its content.
A Twitter feed has been embedded into the website. This Twitter feed displays tweets placed by the Property Academy and may also include comments made by other Twitter users. Tweets posted by other Twitter users represent the opinion of that individual user only and are not endorsed or verified by us.
- OUR LIABILITY
11.1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for any loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time you accepted accessed or used this website and accepted these terms in doing so. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage which was not foreseeable.
11.2 To the extent we may lawfully do so we exclude liability for any implied terms and conditions including those implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
11.3 However, nothing in these terms shall affect our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or serious misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
11.4 Nothing in these terms affects your legal rights as a consumer. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
12.1 If any of the terms is or becomes invalid or contravenes any law then the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
12.2 It is intended that the website will be used by persons resident in the United Kingdom.
12.3 These Terms are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
12.4 No waiver shall constitute a waiver of any other terms. No failure by us to exercise a remedy shall constitute a waiver to subsequently exercise any remedy.
Follow our social channels here: