Anticipating the Future
David Wood - Anticipating the Future
David was one of the pioneers of the smartphone industry and is now a renowned futurist commentator, speaker and writer. He spent 25 years envisioning, architecting, designing, implementing, and avidly using smart mobile devices. He co-founded Symbian, the creator of the world’s first successful smartphone operating system, and served on the leadership teams of Psion Software and Symbian from 1996-2009. At different times, his executive responsibilities included software development, technical consulting, developer evangelism, partnering and ecosystem management, and research and innovation. His software for UI and application frameworks has been included on 500 million smartphones from companies such as Nokia, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Sharp, Fujitsu and Samsung.
This session will give you the tools and techniques to envision, evaluate, prepare for, and shape the future. You will understand the forthcoming disruptive trends and convergences that deserve most attention, and learn from past failures (and successes) in anticipating the future.
- The landscape of potential major changes ahead
- Twenty technologies that could cause radical disruption by 2025
- The interplay of technological trends and human/social trends
- Major risks and crises that will co-exist with rich technological opportunity
- Factors that can accelerate positive change whilst managing risk
- Assessing organisational preparedness for disruption
Sign me up to a trial